Saturday 24 July 2010

Does every end lead to a new beginning??

Now, this is the first post which is coming straight from my phone! Couldn't wait to get home to write about what I'm feeling at this point!

Two and a half months passed by in a click.. That's what I'm feeling now! Where? At a place we call The VATICAN.. The London headquarters of the heritage luxury fashion label, Burberry! Yes, my resume shines with the presence of Burberry on it. I've touched, handled and worked with the Spring Summer 2011 collection samples before the ramp saw it, before Vogue saw it, before the world saw IT!! Christopher Bailey was a part of my day to day conversations and not just a mere occurrence in magazines or internet! Like, "Christopher might come down to the showroom to choose the jackets for the Milan show", or "Christopher is just back from New York and is looking for that particular shoe for the walk through!!" Whoa..

Source: www.burberrycareers.com


And today I am very close to saying goodbye to this prestigious institution.. I'm heading towards the end of my work contract! :(

I can't forget the first day when I stepped into this Vatican, elevated with thrill and excitement; the first time I set foot in the showroom, gazing at the accessories wanting to pinch myself to believe and be assured, "Yes its true, I am looking at the Spring Summer 2011 collection, one full year in advance!!" 
The amplifications of my heartbeats, when my hands first browsed through the Bible: the look book for the season went beyond control. My eyes sparkled when I was issued an ID card on a Burberry header! I so don't want to give it back.


Excusez moi for the bad image quality!

The Visual Merchandising, the mannequins, the Prorsum, London and Brit, the fabrics and trims, the ambience and music, a chance to flip through the Look Book on the fancy iPad, only cried out LUXURY! Wait, luxury doesn't end here, a first hand experience on helping the Prince and Princess of Bahrain shop for this collection (which hasn't even hit the ramp, leave alone the stores), who not only bought Burberry for themselves but also for their unborn baby...Ahem! Does anyone have a better example of luxury? ;)

THAT is the Vatican aka HFH!


Well, in a nutshell, everyone who's making a living from and for fashion will yearn to be associated with a label like Burberry. I only dreamt of being a part of maybe Burberry, Dior, Chanel or Prada before I came to London and let's be honest, London will seldom let you down! You get what you dream of!!

Confession: I don't want to say Good Bye, maybe bubye for now sounds much better. See you soon HFH (that's how the infamous Burberry, HorseFerry House is addressed!) ;)

Much Love 

DG for CC
x




5 comments:

  1. hey... and a heartfelt comment: you'll be back...sooner than you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Happy for you!! Well Done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Darshana, Lovely Post..But I am sure there is so much more waiting for you out there..If Burberry is what you started with, you will only go ahead with the best of the best...

    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make a fuddy duddy label sound so cool ;)
    go ahead ...shoot me!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails