Tuesday 27 January 2015

The Wedding Diaries - What the...?

There has to be a day in between all of the festivities and cheer that gives you a reality check and tells you that life is capable of handing you lemons even as you celebrate the sun! What do you do then? Well, you make lemonade! And if possible, sell it and make a few bucks while you're at it!

Today was just such a day...

I get an unpleasant call from my future workplace (a mountain was made out of a molehill if you ask me!) and my mood went plummeting down. The classic knee-jerk reaction demanded that I write them a stinker and end the issue. But that wouldn't have solved anything. It would've given me vengeful pleasure for five minutes and then a feeling of immaturity for having vented on email. Yeah, that's me. So I maintained a dignified silence and let it pass. How much worse could the day get anyway, right?

Issue no.2 presented itself almost immediately. I had made a bad investment choice two years ago. I was young and new to the whole game of money multiplying. So I got started with a pathetic ICICI Prudential savings policy. *ouch* I decided this year that enough was enough and wrote an email requesting a policy surrender after having paid a lakh to them by way of two premiums already. After a lot of ho-humming from them, I received an email saying I couldn't withdraw the policy. I had to pay up or lose the lakh! Come the hell on! Why give me two big matters of grief in one day God? Why!

And God said, "Wait, there's one more :D"

So the hall for the Mehendi function suddenly decided to become unavailable. Yeeeahhh. You heard me. Turns out, we forgot all these weeks to find out what time the hall would be available for use. And yes, the timings don't match. So it's back to the drawing board for us! *sob*

Now I can either sit around and mope or...... I can decide to see the silver lining in all of this...there has to be one, there always is!

Workplace tension - Well, can't be helped!  Comes with the package of working for a big corporate and it doesn't matter if you take a bullet for them. They'll probably turn around and tell you it was your fault for not having carried a shield instead of thanking you! So I decided  to shrug it off and go my way. 

ICICI - Keep the damn money ICICI. Karma will take care of you! *Grins* 

The Hall for Mehendi - Errmm...like someone once said "probably a DIY function at home is best". If nothing works out, it's a home thing for sure!


There! I made my lemonade! 




Much Love,
TD for CC

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails