Monday 26 April 2010

Affair(s) to Remember...


The national express coaches are not just a mode of transport for me anymore, especially when it comes to the route M1. My usual companions on this route are a pair of headphones, my E63 and Youtube! Considering my past records of having missed the coaches by being late or by booking the wrong ticket and even worst by printing out an old expired ticket; it was a proud moment for me to have reached the coach station 15 minutes before the departure time.



Airports, coach stations, railway platforms; anything to do with picking up or seeing off has played cupid in my love life since day one. I guess it’s just the feeling of going away that pumps up all the love you ever had for your partner! Well, there I was, Coventry coach station, a place that always makes me think, ‘Oh how in love am I!’
 


The coach driver requested the passengers to fasten the seat belts and off we were! As I switched to my travel companions and lured myself to my latest obsession with ‘Aaj Din Chadiya’, I couldn’t get that face off my eyes, those eyes though hidden behind his Ray Bans made me speechless, the hug before I boarded the bus..! As the coach moved away from him, I felt uneasy at the prospect of leaving him behind. I shifted impatiently in my seat and gazed back from every possible angle to take one last look at his silhouette that faded away into the background.




As I passed the sheep rearing on calm fields with the bright clear sky above and with ‘Aaj Din Chadiya’ playing in a loop, I dreaded the thought of getting to London without him. Two hours twenty minutes later, after having crossed the borders of London, I smiled and looked around and told myself, “I miss him but I have a confession to make, I LOVE LONDON, I missed the city and if that means I’m cheating on him with the city of London.. Then…. Ahem!” ;)



DG

2 comments:

  1. isnt ajj din chadiya jsut grrreat!!! it's my latest obsession too :) i wake up to it on my newly downloaded alarm clock that works with iTunes on my comp! (how kool is that!!!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails