Thursday 15 April 2010

“Nothing is going right! Besides my personal life!”

That’s the first symptom of a Panic Attack. When everything is going just fine; your parents agree  to your relationship, a month’s successful work placement in London, an amazing getaway to the beach, lovely housemates, goodies from home and a whole lot of other things, you have to locate that free space in your head to scratch and complain, “Oh! That’s not going the way I wanted it to go!”

My fellow blogger, TD, addresses this as ‘Classic Human Nature.’ We love our positives but possibly love to worry about our negatives even more! And why not, when the negatives stand out like a sore thumb and loom large over your head like the sword of Damocles, you can’t help but focus your energies on it.

But that isn’t that case here! It’s not the negatives that bother me, it’s probably the lack of focus and direction that lead to the Panic Attack; note the presence of the word ‘probably’ when talking about focus and direction! Anyhoo, occasions like these make you wonder and wander but wander in today’s day and age is from one chat window to another! Just this afternoon I wondered how scholars successfully gained MAs and PhDs without the internet; while I, on the other hand, struggle to merely identify the ‘learning outcomes’ from my MA unit handbook!

The medications or therapy I used to get over and calm down after this panic attack were the regular brainstorming sessions with San and TD. That didn’t really seem to help, which is when I wrote this. This isn’t really helping yet either! But I guess I have now located that free space in my head...and that tells me, it’s time for COFFEE!!

5 comments:

  1. And guess what! I had two attempts of coffee and my famous coffee failed!! This really seems to be an Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes no! your coffee couldn't have sucked!! i promise I would have liked no matter what! xx TD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its just one your off days. You shouldn't have coffee. You should have some wine. Plus you have people like me who pray for you Dars. Quit worrying this instant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! is that true or IS THAT TRUE! of late even i wonder, not about the going getting tough but about it getting too easy. and my coffee comes out to be perfect and so does my chicken and kanda bhajji. the hunt is on for my 'wtf' moment. well... considering it's gonna be exam time i see what i seek in the near future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. When in doubt, get drunk and pass out... tht way you're not thinking, ergo not-panicking at the moment and by the time you wake-up you have no time to panick about anything else other than the hangover...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails